M. Neils Engineering, Inc. is seeking a Electrical Designer Intern to join our firm in Sacramento.
M. Neils is a Sacramento-based electrical engineering and lighting design firm serving prestigious clients in the healthcare, education, civic, transportation, industrial, and commercial markets. Built on a history of energy leadership in California, M. Neils plans and designs efficient, reliable, and sustainable electrical systems. Our firm is committed to projects that add value to the local community and improve the quality of life in the region.
Neils Engineering, Inc. is seeking an electrical engineering intern to join our firm in Sacramento. The successful candidate should be currently enrolled in an accredited electrical engineering program. AutoCAD, Revit, and BIM proficiency are desired. Good written and verbal communication skills are a must. M Neils’ internship will allow a student to explore the fundamentals of Electrical Engineering and find themselves on a project team performing tasks in engineering and project management.
What you can expect when you join our firm:
- F/T on school semester breaks, P/F during semester
- A flexible work environment that encourages leadership and responsibility
- Relationships that foster your professional growth and development
- Company commitment to your well-being and satisfaction
The successful candidate should be:
- Currently enrolled in an electrical engineering program.
- Be able to work full-time during summer/winter breaks and part-time throughout the school year.
- AutoCAD, Revit, and BIM proficiency or the desire to learn.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are a must.
- As an engineering intern, collaborate with senior team members on electrical designs.
- Assist engineers and designers in creating drawings and documents to meet project scope and code requirements necessary to complete assigned projects.
- Assist engineers and designers on field investigations to gather project information.
- Review work for accuracy and satisfaction of project design requirements and drawing standards.
- Assist in production of electrical project drawings from design concept through construction documents (power, lighting, voice/data, fire/security alarm and audio/video communications).
- Print, assemble and file drawings to meet production needs.
- Maintain communication with firm’s project team leaders and designers to coordinate project planning and design requirements. Review design and/or construction documents for accuracy and compliance prior to review by project designer.
- Follow technical production standards and maintain the projects’ production within schedule.
- Maintain electronic library of CAD masters and electronic files.
Want to stay connected with us?