Your Sacramento consultant for electrical engineering and lighting design.
Since 1990, M. Neils Engineering, Inc., a Sacramento-based, certified small business firm, has provided exceptional electrical engineering and lighting design services to public and private clients throughout California. Our primary areas of business include healthcare, education, civic, transportation, industrial and commercial projects. M. Neils is experienced both as a prime consultant and as a sub-consultant, with an established record of providing coordinated, high quality, cost-effective designs.
A Legacy of Energy Efficiency Leadership in California
M. Neils has been committed to the principles of energy efficiency, sustainability and green buildings since our inception. Our founder and president, Michael Neils, has been involved in statewide energy efficiency initiatives for over 30 years and has provided key consulting expertise during multiple revisions to California’s Title 24 energy code. He also has assisted in the development of advanced lighting industry recommendations. The firm has continually emphasized efficient designs, technology, daylighting and controls in our projects and we have educated numerous design professionals and owners in these techniques.
Committed to Regional Quality of Life
Our firm is committed to projects that add value to the local community and improve quality of life in the region. We value our long-standing relationships with clients throughout Northern California and recognize that people – staff as well as clients – have been the key to our accomplishments. By maintaining the continuity of our team as well as our client relationships, we deliver consistent, responsive service to gain client satisfaction in every project.
- American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC)
- California Society for Healthcare Engineering (CSHE)
- Illuminating Engineering Society (IES) – Sustaining Member
- Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- International Dark Sky Association (IDA)
- National Council on Qualifications for the Lighting Professions (NCQLP) – Michael Neils, founding board member and past president
- National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)
- Sacramento Regional Builders Exchange
- Sacramento Metro Chamber
- Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS)